to ensure only trained personnel mount the
appropriate wheels in machines.
SLG@Roadworks - TBA
Locating Underground Services - 9th & 10th Nov
Call us to register your interest
ABRASIVE WHEEL TRAINING
book an upcoming COURSE
BOOK AN UPCOMING COURSE
The Safety in Industry Act, Schedule 30 (Abrasive Wheels) 1982 places a legal obligation on employers of places where abrasive wheels are used, to ensure that only trained, competent and appointed personnel mount the appropriate wheels in the machines.
This legislation was deemed necessary due to the serious injuries and fatalities resulting from the use of machines that were subjected to inappropriate use or incorrect mounting procedures.
ABRASIVE WHEELS TRAINING course
● WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is intended for fitters and operators of abrasive wheels, as defined in legislation
● COURSE AIM
● Upon successful completion of this course, delegates should be able to:
● Understand current Health & Safety legislation surrounding Abrasive Wheels
● Identify hazardous situations and potential accidents
● Mount, operate, handle and store abrasive wheels safely
● Demonstrate the safe use of an abrasive wheel
● Current health & safety requirements
● Correct wheel balancing
● Equipment testing, handling, storage and inspection
● Identification of dangerous situations
● Practical assessment
● 0.5 day
MAX CANDIDATES FOR COURSE:
● We also have trainers available to deliver in-house / private training to groups of up to 12 candidates in a location that suits you. Please contact us for further details and a quote.
Candidates who complete training will receive a certificate from Must Do Training
€50 per candidate at public courses. Discounts available for groups of 3 or more.
Book online now, or give us a call us on 01 902 3420 to book over the phone.