IOSH Managing Safety in Construction (MSIC)
book an upcoming COURSE
BOOK AN UPCOMING COURSE
The Must Do Training 4-day Managing Safety for Construction course is tailored to reflect the requirements of managing safely in a construction environment. It is recognised throughout the industry as being the foundation programme for safety supervision and management on construction projects. This is an IOSH accredited programme and participants will be issued with an IOSH certificate upon completion.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is aimed at construction personnel at all levels, including foremen, site managers, project managers, safety officers, senior managers and those who wish to build their knowledge of construction safety.
Upon successful completion of this course, delegates should be able to:
● Assess & control risks on site to workers & public
● Understand legal duty & management responsibility
● Understand relevant health & safety legislation / codes of practice / information & guidance
● Understand list of duties and responsibilities of stakeholders on site
● Understand of Risk Assessment and Control, Active Monitoring and Re-Active Monitoring
● Report accidents and incidents and distinguish between accidents, inci dents and near misses and statutory requirement for reporting and recording
● Select workplace precautions, relative to the hazards and record results of risk assessments and carry out reviews
DAY 1 –
● Introduction to the law
● Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2005
● General Applications Regulations 2007
● Construction Regulations 2013
DAY 2 –
● Risk Assessment
● Active Monitoring
● Re-active Monitoring
● Accidents / Case studies
DAY 3 –
● Plant & Machinery
● Scaffolding management
● GA Forms
● Manual Handling
● Safety at Heights
DAY 4 –
● General site safety
● Safety management of Roadworks
● Fire safety
MAX CANDIDATES PER COURSE
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will receive an IOSH certificate.
€695 per candidate at public courses. Discounts available for groups of 3 or more.
Book online now, or give us a call us on 01 902 3420 to book over the phone. We also have trainers available to deliver in-house / private training to groups in a location that suits you. Please contact us for further details and a quote.