City Centre / Lucan / Leixlip
Courses cancelled until at least 29th March
SLG @ Roadworks - 30th Mar - 1st Apr
Bookings over the phone only - call us on 0873411977
MANUAL HANDLING - must do training
book an upcoming COURSE
manual handling mayo - €50
Manual Handling occurs in almost every workplace. In some cases the activity does not pose a problem; however it can be a potential workplace hazard when an employee is required to handle heavy loads, which could result in a back injury.
Regulation 69(a) of the 2007 Regulations states that, in order to avoid the need for manual handling of loads by employees, every employer must (a) take appropriate organisational measures, or (b) use the appropriate means, in particular mechanical equipment.
● WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Manual Handling training is aimed at anybody who is involved in the movement of loads, regardless of the industry they work in.
On completion of this course, candidates should be able to:
● Complete essential risk assessment prior to completing manual handling tasks.
● Lift and handle specified loads safely
● Dangers of careless and unskilled methods
● Principles of levers and laws of motion
● Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
● How the body is harmed through incorrect handling techniques
● How to handle loads safely
● Lifting to and from ground level
● Lifting to and from a height
● Lifting (bags, sacks, barrels, where appropriate)
● Other organisation specific lifting tasksl
● Competence testing
● 0.5 day
MAX CANDIDATES PER COURSE
● We also have trainers available to deliver in-house / private training to groups of up to 12 candidates in a location that suits you.
Please contact us for further details and a quote.
Candidates who complete training will receive a certificate from Must Do Training
€50 per candidate at public courses. Discounts available for groups of 3 or more.
Book online now, or give us a call us on 01 902 3420 to book over the phone.