Venue: Macalla Hall, Lough Lannagh Village, Old Westport Rd, Castlebar, Co Mayo F23 VW73
Please see below for course information and requirements
Time: 8am – 5pm. (The training room will be open from 7:45am onwards. Last entry is at 8am. Candidates arriving after that will not be admitted).
Requirements: Candidates must be at least 16 years of age, have an Irish PPS number and have sufficient knowledge of the English language to attend an English-speaking course Candidates must bring their Irish PPS number, 1 passport photo and photo ID with them to the course.
Cost: €175 per candidate
This course is delivered by Must Do Training.
Please ensure you read the following information carefully:
General course information
- Participants must bring a passport photo of themselves for their Safe Pass Registration card; their full address and PPS no on the day of course
- PLEASE NOTE : All Candidates MUST have an Irish PPS number. This is a Solas requirement. If the candidate does not have an Irish PPS number, please discuss this with us immediately!
- Trainees who arrive after the course has commenced will not be admitted to the course. These are Solas rules, and our trainers must abide by them
- Candidates who successfully complete Safe Pass training are given a confirmation of attendance by the tutor. This letter is printed on a standard template, on our headed paper, and is signed by both the tutor and the candidate in original ink. it is valid for 15 working days after the course. We do not keep copies of the confirmation letter given to candidates. The letter they receive at the course is the only one available and it cannot be replaced. Therefore it is the responsibility of the candidate to keep this letter safe until they receive their Safe Pass card. Candidates who misplace this letter before they receive their Safe pass card risk being refused entry to site.
- Safe Pass cards are printed and issued by Solas. It usually takes between 2 and 3 weeks for Safe Pass cards to arrive from Solas and may be longer in some cases. The training provider has no control over how long it takes for cards to be issued. Cards will only be issued when course fees have been settled and will be issued to the address provided by the candidate via their course registration form.
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English. Courses can be delivered in languages other than English .
- Safe Pass courses legally require a minimum attendance of 8. This is a SOLAS requirement. In the event of cancellation due to less than the minimum legal number of people showing up for a course on a day, we will not be held liable for any additional expenses incurred in attending the training course including but not limited to travel, mileage, accommodation, loss of earnings etc.
- We are putting various measures in place to prevent and minimise the spread of COVID 19.
- Candidates will be provided with appropriate PPE and access to sanitiser and disinfectant.
- Candidates are required to wear a face mask for the duration of the course. We will provide a face mask or you can bring your own.
- Our tutors are also required to give a COVID Induction Briefing before each course.
- Candidates will be required to maintain a physical distance from each other at all times.
- As part of the course booking, candidates complete a “Commence Training” form. If you develop any of the above symptoms before attending the course or have reason to suspect that you have had close contact with a COVID-19 infected person, then you are required to stay at home, inform us and call your doctor.
- If a candidate cannot attend training, they must cancel their space with us over the phone (0873411977) or via email (email@example.com) by 2pm, 4 days before the course. This is to give us an opportunity to sell unwanted spaces elsewhere.
- Candidates who do not cancel their space(s) in line with our deadlines, and who fail to show up to the course on the day or who arrive late will be charged the full course fee, no exceptions.
- We cannot accept any changes to candidate names during the 3 days before the course.
- The training provider reserves the right to cancel a training course. If the course is cancelled, the training provider will make contact with the client or client representative and re-book the participant into a future course, if necessary. If a fee has been paid for the original course booked, then that fee will apply to the re-booked course, and no other payment will apply.
Safe Pass training is VAT exempt.