professional grade pesticides in Ireland
SLG@Roadworks - 29,30,31 Aug
Locating Underground Services - TBA
Call us to register your interest
QQI Boomsprayer Pesticides
book an upcoming COURSE
BOOK AN UPCOMING COURSE
New legislation implemented on 26th November 2015, requires pesticides users to have undertaken appropriate training and to register for the DAFM Register of Professional Users of Pesticides. Only users on this Register may apply professional grade pesticides in Ireland. Our QQI approved boom sprayer pesticides training will enable candidates to register for the DAFM Register of Professional Users of Pesticides.
This Must Do Training course aims to provide candidates with the required skills and knowledge to safely prepare and operate a boom sprayer pesticide applicator in accordance with the principles of Integrated Pest Management and applicable legislation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anybody spraying professional grade pesticides from a boom sprayer, including (but not limited to) farmers, local authority staff, horticulturalists, forestry workers, and contractors.
Upon completion, candidates should be able to:
● Understand the regulations pertaining to poisonous substances
● Prepare, calibrate, use and store a boom sprayer in accordance with best practice
● Calculate the correct amount of pesticide to use
● Keep accurrate records
● Why Use Pesticides?
● Legislation applying to Pesticides
● Alternatives to Pesticides
● Labels, Marking & Safety Data Sheets
● Selecting a Suitable Pesticide
● Equipment & Components of Boom Sprayer
● Safe Handling, Storage, Application & Disposal
● Calibrating Boom Sprayer
● 2 days
● We also have trainers available to deliver in-house / private training to groups of up to 12 candidates in a location that suits you. Please contact us for further details and a quote.
MAX CANDIDATES PER COURSE
Candidates who successfully complete training will be awarded a QQI Level 5 certificate
We currently provide qualified instructors for in-house group training. Please call us on 01 902 3420 to discuss.