treatment of minor cuts to the treatment
of life threatening injuries.
QQI Level 5 Occupational First Aid
book an upcoming COURSE
Occupational First Aid ranges from the treatment of minor cuts to the treatment of life threatening injuries. Per Chapter 2, Part 7 of the Health, Safety and Welfare at Work Regulations (2007), employers have a duty to ensure they have trained Occupational First Aiders in the workplace. Occupational First Aiders are required to be trained and certified as competent at least once every 2 years by a registered occupational first aid training provider.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone who wants to be trained and certified as an Occupational First Aider, and deliver first aid care according to the protocols taught in the course.
At the end of the course, participants should:
● Understand the responsibilities of the occupational first aider
● Be able to provide treatment for the purpose of providing life or minimizing the consequences of injury until discharge or arrival of medical assistance
● Be able to provide treatment in the workplace for an injury which does not require attention of a medical practitioner or nurse
● Be able to co-ordinate first aid arrangements in the workplace
● Be familiar with the health & safety legislation of first aid provision in the workplace.
● Cardiac Emergencies
● Respiratory Emergencies
● Patient Assessment
● Treatment of Foreign Body Airway obstruction
● Wounds & Bleeding
● Musculoskeletal Injuries
● First Aid in the Workplace
● Altered levels of Consciousness
● Burns, Scalds, Chemical Poisoning
● This is a 3 day, classroom based course, the course is highly interactive with practical exercises to reinforce learning.
● We also have trainers available to deliver in-house / private training to groups of up to 12 candidates in a location that suits you. Please contact us for further details and a quote.
MAXIMUM CANDIDATES PER COURSE
Candidates who successfully complete training will be awarded a QQI Level 5 Occupational First Aid Certificate.
We currently provide qualified instructors for in-house group training. Please contact us for a quote.
Book online now, or give us a call us on 01 902 3420 to book over the phone.